Aliens attack was set in motion this week and am the eyewitness. One of them is VP (D) of another department and the other is a Senior Manager (SK) of yet another department. As far as its other departments, its risk free for me. Anyways, for two days its going to be a real mess.
Day 1 : I reached office by 9.30. We were all asked to report by 9.30 strictly and no late-commers (for their own good). So I had to skip my breakfast and come rushing to the office. We were expecting D to come any second and blast, but it turned out that he was staying back at the hotel and going for some client visits with the manager and not coming to the office for the day. So much for the day. So, I kept myself busy rest of the day by updating database for mailing my clients [Eureka ! 1000 in a day] and other routines.
Day 2 : Today SK showed up. He was supposed to come early in the morning. Rumour has it that he is a workaholic and we were all expecting him to be in office by sunrise. So today also I had to skip my breakfast (poor me!) and come rushing to the office. But my skipping the breakfast was in vain. SK din't come to the office as expected in the morning. SK went for client encounters straightaway from the airport. What a workaholic he is. Hearsay confirmed!
God! If it was me, I would have headed directly to the hotel, taken a quick bath, freshened up, then come to office and later go for the client meetings and work work work, (Hi hi hi.. crazy lazy bone me). Maybe that's why am not a manager as of yet. Always in a holiday mood :) LoL.
Later in the afternoon he came. He came, he saw, he conquered! He is likely to be in the branch for couple of days. He took anchorage of this branch this financial year opening and this is his first visit to the branch. In fact, I had met him when I was in Trivandrum. He was the manager of that team at that time. But again, that was one year ago. So, not a complete alien. Acquaintance alien. LoL. I din't recognize him initially. Suddenly there he was standing in front of me. He has gained weight (he says he ate lots of cheese during his European trip couple of weeks back).
The only one thing that is ringing in my head is the comment made by Mrs. Tony about SK's view "He has under-estimated Cochin. His view is that there are only couple of roads in Cochin." So mean to state like that about our great little Cochin. He is basically from Chennai. So Mrs. Tony too is as keen as mustand on showing him that he is wrong. In fact, area mapping Cochin is not such a big deal, but at the same time its not so silly. I've been in Cochin since my school days and most of the places in Cochin is a bit too familiar. In case of some areas I know every nook and corner. Credit goes to our house-shifting process - Its the 21st house in Cochin that we shifted to one month earlier. Of course, I have loads of acquaintances, which turns to be 'not so good after all' at times, because of the nosy character of some people; especially if I have to go out with J. But then who cares about all these nowadays.
Day 3 : D flew back to Bangalore yesterday evening. SK showed up in the morning itself. Rest of the day he was having a busy schedule travelling about with Mr. Mathews, Mrs. Tony, Mr. Mathew, and SA for the negotiations. By now he might have grasped the fact that Cochin is not microscopic. It was raining heavily at intervals and occasionally there were drizzles. Since boss was in town everyone in office was more than busy and full time engaged with their duties. Very dedicated. SA was complaining about having light headaches because of getting exposed to these sudden drizzles. She loves to be in the sun than the rains. Weird girl. Mrs. Tony was complaining to Mr. Mathews that I described their manager as 'an alien'. To soften the edges I'll rephrase him as 'an outlander'. SK is a cool-headed guy. Outlander attacks over and SK took charge of planet Cochin. To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment