"Chirikumbol koode chirikan
Aayiram per varum
Karayumbol koode karayan
Nin nizhal mathram..."
Translation [For those who are unable to apprehend Malyalam or Manglish] - When you laugh, there will be 1000s (people) to laugh with you; but when you cry there will be no one with you, except your shadow.
These four lines are so simple, but has intense inner meaning to it. I just realised the bitterish taste and the power of these four lines lately.
People who laugh with us, comfort us, be with us in our seventh heaven, and whom we see as our kith and kin may not be our true friends. They do not complete/define the word 'friend'. At one or the other instance in life they become selfish. They become mere opportunists. The puissance of 'relationships' is completely lost. They forget everything else for their own pleasure and well-being.
I don't want to get deep into the meaning and its impression on peoples life. Everyone must have realised the adage before me. I just got bogged down as usual. Wanted to share with you that I've truly realised the acridness lately, but am not too late in life to regret anything.
Life moves on and so should we :)
No comments:
Post a Comment