Its monsoon and I love this time of the year. Its all green and refreshing. You feel so invigorated breathing and being in the fresh, cool, and 'green' atmosphere. Sometimes it rains heavily, sometimes it drizzles. Its the best weather in the whole universe. I love the dampness after being in the rains, unless am on the way to office.

When I was a kid, I hated going to school during the monsoon. Sometimes my mother had to literally push and drag me to the school bus. I hate being shut inside a bus or a room when its pouring outside. School reopens in June and thats when we have the showers. There will be a hangover of the two-month vacation and on top of that the rains will make me want to stay at home more than anything. How many times I had false headaches, stomachaches, fever and what not. LoL, that happens in every kids life.

The sight of black clouds hovering above your head is threatening, but cozy. The climate just before the rains is so romantic. There will be a mild cold breeze and black clouds above you and the whole atmosphere will be a little dense. Everything about the rain is endearing. To enjoy the fresh air you need to escape from the hustle and bustle of the metros. Blessed with the natural beauty, Kerala is the best place on the earth to be in the monsoon - gods own.

In college I used to enjoy and have fun being outside in the downpour with friends. Bunking classes, just to be in the rain became a routine. Atleast I din't have to sit inside the class and admire the rains through the window. If its raining heavily we will be out in the open with an umbrella, strolling through the campus. But often felt to throw away the umbrella and walk in the rain. It was such a wonderful feeling. But if its drizzling, we will be there outside, but this time without an umbrella. The sensation of water sprinkling on your face feels so right.

At the same time, sitting by the window side or to snuggle under a blanket and watch the rain fall is my favourite 'activity'. Play a slow and melodious music in low volume in the background, that will be so romantic. Its lovely to watch the rain falling drop by drop. Its beautiful to see the leaves all green and fresh, with drops rolling down. The droplets falling on the ground form small puddles and the water drops falling in the puddles forms ripples, touching the water and then bouncing up. Each and every detail of rain is remarkable. Its such an amazing creation by the almighty. There is a music to the rains. Just listening to the music itself is heavenly.

The last thing I want to think about is thunder, lightning, and the floods. Even though am damn afraid of thunder and lightning, monsoon will not be complete without them. Only thing is that I pray no one gets hurt in the thunder and lightning or the floods.
Everything about rain is romantic. Am in love with the rains. The slight breeze. The drizzles. The greenery. The black clouds. The muddy puddles. The falling droplets. The wet landscape. The freshness ..... everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment